Latest funny conversations with my children...beginning with most recent.
10/31: When you find potty covering the TOP of the lid to the toilet, you can't help but ask what happened. My inquiring mind needed to know. J was able to clear it all up for me. "I forgot to put the lid up. I didn't mean to; I had to go really bad. I cleaned it up...kind of...except it's still there." So began a day in which I cleaned a toilet, as one of my first activities. Thankfully, I was in a mood that allowed me to laugh at this situation. If I wipe down that bathroom two more times, today, I won't be surprised. That's life for a boy bathroom. God bless the human who invented disinfecting wipes. :)
10/30: We watched a friend of ours get baptized, today. J referred to baptism as "BATHtism". Chad explained that it was BAPtism. J thought that was plain crazy. He said, "That's silly. I don't go take a BAP. I take a bath."
10/13: 5yr old to me: "I don't know anything to play, except the Wii. If I do that, it'll use all my TV time." Me: "How about playing with cars or Legos?" J: Yes, I'll play Legos!! I don't think I've played with my Legos in like THIRTY years! :)
10/3: L was telling me all about a running test the kids do in P.E. He said he usually makes it to the end of the test, but today he felt like he was slowing down. Next words out of his mouth: "It must be because I'm getting older. You slow down, when you get older." Me: "I don't think you slow down this early in life. It's not like you're 85."
9/25: Gorgeous afternoon! The boys & I went to the Prairie Meadows Therapeutic Riding Center event: Harvest & Horseshoes. It was fabulous, until... J to me: "Can we have some pop, snacks..." Me (in a whisper): "No, Honey. I didn't bring along extra cash." Next thing I know, the child shouts across the barn to my friend who is running the snack station. He calls her name, smiles & says, "Sure wish we could have snacks without paying for them!" I.wanted.to.disappear. :/
9/22: Me to 5yr old: "Did you blow your nose?" 5yr old: "Yes, but in a kleenex, not on the floor." Um. Call me crazy, but I find it a little suspicious that he felt the need to clarify. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment